Some inspection stations are not open for the 2019 season. See map below.
Watercraft inspections are required. If you cannot get to an open inspection station you can get your watercraft inspected at a regional or area FWP office.
Plan ahead and get your watercraft inspected prior to launching if:
- You are coming into Montana from out-of-state.
- You are traveling west over the Continental Divide into western Montana (the Columbia River Basin).
- You are coming off Tiber or Canyon Ferry Reservoirs.
- Certified boaters must still follow the terms of their contract; they are required to get an inspection if they are travelling to another waterbody.
- Certified boater ramps will remain open ONLY to certified boaters.
- You are launching anywhere within the Flathead Basin and your watercraft last launched on waters outside of the Flathead Basin.