Most inspection stations are closed for the season.
Watercraft inspections are still required. You can get your watercraft inspected at a regional or area FWP office Monday through Friday between 8AM – 5PM. Call ahead to schedule an inspection.
See map or table below for details.
Plan ahead and get your watercraft inspected prior to launching if:
- You are coming into Montana from out-of-state.
- Out-of-state boats needing an inspection prior to launching on Montana waters can obtain an inspection in Idaho and Wyoming. Proof of inspection receipt required, and seal when applicable.
- You are traveling west over the Continental Divide into western Montana (the Columbia River Basin).
- You are coming off Tiber or Canyon Ferry Reservoirs.
- Certified boaters must still follow the terms of their contract; they are required to get an inspection if they are travelling to another waterbody.
- Certified boater ramps will remain open ONLY to certified boaters.
- You are launching anywhere within the Flathead Basin and your watercraft last launched on waters outside of the Flathead Basin.