The Montana AIS Summit will bring together AIS partners and interested parties from across the state to discuss progress made and the next steps needed to continue advancing Montana’s AIS program.
Significant changes have been made to the AIS program following the 2016 detection of invasive mussels in Tiber Reservoir. Issues and strategies discussed at the Summit will help inform updates to Montana’s AIS Strategic Plan.
Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks
The Summit will be held on the campus of Carroll College in the Campus Center Cube.
These hotels have reserved blocks of rooms for the AIS Summit participants.
- Wingate 2007 North Oakes; (406) 558-4490
- Rooms are $99 plus taxes/fees per night.
- The cut off for booking your room is Nov 26, 2019.
- Ask for FWP AIS Summit (online FWP AIS).
- Best Western Great Northern Hotel 835 Great Northern Blvd; (406) 457-5500
- Rooms are $103 plus taxes and fees per night.
- The cut off for booking your room is Nov 15, 2019.
- Ask for FWP AIS Summit or reserve online.This hotel is within walking distance to Carroll College.
You can find additional lodging options at Visit Helena.
- The 2-day AIS Summit will include presentations, panel discussions, and break-out sessions. Registration closes on November 15. Registration is free.
- AIS partner organizations are invited to share information about their AIS inspection, monitoring and education programs using the AIS Update form. Submission are due by November 1.
- AIS partner organizations are invited to share a poster or display information or materials during the AIS Summit. Check the registration form is you want to share a poster or reserve a display table. Space is limited.
Local Area Highlights
Go to Visit Helena for information on local attractions and things to see.
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019: Noon to 5pm – lunch provided. Reception with no-host bar to be held immediately after meeting.
- Thursday, December 5, 2019: 8am – 3pm – lunch provided.
- Download full agenda
- AIS Partner Update: Form to provide an update on activities and accomplishments related to aquatic invasive species monitoring, prevention, detection and education.
- AIS Law Review: White paper on the inconsistencies of invasive species statutory authorities and implementation in Montana. MISC 2019
Registration is closed. For questions contact Liz Lodman at firstname.lastname@example.org