ALL watercraft (motorized and nonmotorized) must stop at ALL watercraft inspection stations you encounter. Inspection stations are the first line of defense to stop the spread of aquatic invasive species.
See map or table below for details.
Plan ahead and get your watercraft inspected prior to launching if:
- You are coming into Montana from out-of-state.
- Out-of-state boats needing an inspection prior to launching on Montana waters can obtain an inspection in Idaho and Wyoming. Proof of inspection receipt required, and seal when applicable. Stop at ALL open inspection stations you encounter in Montana.
- You are traveling west over the Continental Divide into western Montana (the Columbia River Basin).
- You are coming off Tiber Reservoir.
- Certified boaters must still follow the terms of their contract; they are required to get an inspection if they are travelling to another waterbody.
- Certified boater ramps will remain open ONLY to certified boaters.
- You are launching anywhere within the Flathead Basin and your watercraft last launched on waters outside of the Flathead Basin.